Collaboration Quartet (Movement I)

I have composed and posted this, my initial section in order to hopefully inspire my fellow composers to potentially want to contact me and contribute there own section to this project.
Based on the response so far, it looks as if this project could and should be entirely international.
I feel that this configuration would be in the best interest of our musical diversity, comradeship and mutual respect towards each other.

The inspiration for my introduction movement was based on my love and respect for Elliot Goldenthal's music... especially "Titus".




I am asking for each interested composer to write there own 2 to 2 1/2 minute section/movement to add to this and/or any other subsequent sections until the Quartet's completion. It is my intention to keep this particular Quartet between 12 and 20 minutes in duration... depending on how many composers are interested, serious and compatible within this collaborative forum.

I will be engraving the final performance version within Sibelius 6 and it is my goal to have it performed somewhere out here in Los Angeles or at any venue that my fellow collaborators may care to suggest.

Please contact me at bmc4film@aol.com regarding any questions, comments, additional criteria, etc...and I look forward to meeting and hopefully collaborating with many of you. Thank you!

Respectfully,

Brent Heflin McHenry

Popular Posts