The Real Deal (Sketches)

I recently noticed on social media several notable composers commenting on the pros and cons
about sketching... so I thought I would post a handful of these type sketches from many popular film composers for others to see what they look like.

These sketch sheets are not complete cues out of respect for each composers hard work and

legacy. They are only intended to demonstrate the personal preferences, layout and formatting
style for each of these wonderful composers.
I picked as wide a variety of examples as I could find in my personal library and I hope you will
find them as beneficial as I have. 

The various sketches below are taken from John Williams, Randy Newman, Ferde Grofe, Carl Stalling, Miklos Rozsa, Wojceich Kilar and Victor Young. They are presented in random order... Enjoy!


























Popular Posts